input of text longer than 5 rows

  1. #1
    Christian Galbavy
    Guest

    input of text longer than 5 rows

    Hello!

    I have two small problems.
    I have a cell, where line break is activated. When I input a text, which
    is longer than 5 rows, the cell gets the right value, but it displays
    only one row like this "##############". Is there a function to avoid
    this behaviour?
    Another problem is the following:
    I have three cells in one row, which are merged. The line break is
    activated. When I insert text, which is longer than one row, the line
    gets broken, but only one row is displayed, so the row height is not
    adjusted.

    Thanks for your answers.
    Regards
    Christian

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: input of text longer than 5 rows

    Select the cell
    Choose Format>Cells
    On the Number tab, select the General category
    Click OK

    Christian Galbavy wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I have two small problems.
    > I have a cell, where line break is activated. When I input a text, which
    > is longer than 5 rows, the cell gets the right value, but it displays
    > only one row like this "##############". Is there a function to avoid
    > this behaviour?
    > Another problem is the following:
    > I have three cells in one row, which are merged. The line break is
    > activated. When I insert text, which is longer than one row, the line
    > gets broken, but only one row is displayed, so the row height is not
    > adjusted.
    >
    > Thanks for your answers.
    > Regards
    > Christian