comboboxes

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    lgbjr
    Guest

    comboboxes

    Hi All,

    I have a workbook with 2 sheets. On sheet 1 I have two lists:

    List1:
    Column A Column B
    ProjectID ProjectName

    List2:
    Column D Column E Column F
    ProjectID SubProjectID SubProjectName

    On sheet 2, I have 2 combo boxes. what I want to do is fill the first
    combobox with the contents of list 1. the second combobox will be filled
    based on the selection in the first combobox (ProjectID).

    Can someone provide me with a few hints or code snippets? I think I'm
    looking for code to go into the combobox1 change event.

    TIA
    Lee

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: comboboxes

    Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    lgbjr
    Guest

    Re: comboboxes

    Hi Bob,

    Thanks for the link. And I'm sure the site probably has exactly what I need.
    Unfortunately, I'm cyrrently living in China, and apparently the DNS server
    that China Telecom uses can not find the site. I've had this issue before
    with sites that I thought would be in all DNS servers. I also can't get to
    Geocities for the UDQServices download.

    Anyway, if you know of some other helpful links, please let me know.

    regards,
    Lee

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: comboboxes

    I can send you the page and a download if you give me your email addy

  5. #5
    lgbjr
    Guest

    Re: comboboxes

    Thanks Bob,

    Please use [email protected]

    Regards,
    Lee

  6. #6
    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]
    Guest

    Re: comboboxes

    Hi Lee,

    I was reviewing the issue thread. How is everything going now? If there is
    any question, please feel free to post here.

    Thanks very much for participating the community.

    Best regards,
    Yanhong Huang
    Microsoft Community Support

    Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
    -http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.as
    p&SD=msdn