ActiveSheet.Protect

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    ActiveSheet.Protect

    I have a workbook that needs to be shared across a network, but when shared
    the ActiveSheet.Protect / Unprotect command does not appear to work while in
    although everything works Ok when in exclusive access.
    Is there any way around this with out having to manually turn off 'Share
    Workbook', running the macro's and then turning it back on again ?

  2. #2
    Neil
    Guest

    RE: ActiveSheet.Protect

    Two things that could be the cause of your problems.

    1. The cells you wish to protect are not 'locked' - Check this out by
    seleceting the cells, going to Format --> Cells --> Protection and making
    sure the 'locked' box is ticked.

    2. Have you supplied a password with your locking / unlocking command, it
    should look like this

    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="Password"

    HTH

    Neil
    www.nwarwick.co.uk

  3. #3
    Mike
    Guest

    RE: ActiveSheet.Protect

    The workbook contains many worksheets of which all have a variety of locked
    and unlocked cells within the sheets as the user is still required to input
    various data. All the sheets are password protected in the way suggested.
    Everything works just fine until I set the workbook to shared. I need to be
    able to hide/show various rows/columns depending on the user and each week it
    will create a new worksheet based upon a fix template and delete the oldest
    one and change various cell data in the new one to reflect the new/correct
    data. Both of these tasks fallover when shared as the workbook does not seem
    to be able to unlock the sheets while in shared mode.