Excel Macro will not allow references

  1. #1
    Lee
    Guest

    Excel Macro will not allow references

    I have an issue where excel will not allow me to add references to my Macro.
    The option is greyed out. I have Excel installed on a server along with
    outlook. In my Excel Macro, I reference the outlook library to create MAPI
    folders. It works fine on a regular account, but when logged on as a service
    account on this specific server, it will not run correctly because it does
    not recognize Outlook.MAPIFolder. This is because the reference is not
    there. I need to know how to get this refernence there to work. Thanks in
    advance.
    --
    -Lee

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Excel Macro will not allow references

    If I recall correctly using MAPI requires a reference to the CDO 1.2X
    library, which is not part of the default Outlook install. You may need to go
    to outlook and have the componenet installed so that you can get to the
    object.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson