Randomlly pick number

  1. #1
    MESTRELLA29
    Guest

    Randomlly pick number

    We are buying lottery tikets buy the bunch, but are relying on the store to
    pick our number, and we have not been lucky.
    I need a Macro that can randomlly pick 5 numbers from a list of history to
    get 120 posibilities to buy the lottery tickets without rellying on the Store
    machine.

    Can someone help

    Le list I have are the wining number for the past 6 months.

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Randomlly pick number

    For what you are trying to do this should work. Place a random number =Rand()
    beside each of the lottery ticket numbers. Now just sort by the random number
    column. The lotery ticket numbers will all be resorted. Just grab the top 120
    and you are good to go. Note Rand() comes from the analysis toolpack which
    you may need to install. If this actually picks a winning number you owe
    me... :-)
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Randomlly pick number

    Slight correction:
    randbetween comes from the analysis toolpak.

    Rand is a built in function having no dependency on the analysis toolpak.

    To the OP. lottery numbers are independent of any previouls draw, so there
    is no advantage to you suggested approach. In fact, if you believe there is
    some dependence, these would actually be the numbers to avoid (unless you
    felt the number generation methos is not random - and that would be highly
    unlikely).

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    MESTRELLA29
    Guest

    Re: Randomlly pick number

    I think you are right, we found another funtion that worked great for this
    matter, under tools there is a "data analisis" button (this is install with
    the analysis toolpak) there is a random number generator that help us
    generate 120 posibilities randomlly picking from.