Problem With Date and Time Picker Control 6.0

  1. #1
    Sunnous
    Guest

    Problem With Date and Time Picker Control 6.0

    Hi All,

    I hope you can help. I am developing a Add-in in Excel 97 (So this addin
    will work in version of 97 and onwards). The problem was I needed a date
    picker like the one was available in Excel 2000.

    I looked on MSDN and downloaded the MSCOMCT2.OCX & MSCOMCT2.INF file. This
    file was registered using Regsvr32, which was successful as it also created a
    MSCOMCT2.SRG file.

    However when I attemp to use the DTPicker I get the following message in
    msgbox:

    "The control could not be created because it is not properly licensed"

    Any help will be greatly appreciatated.

    Many Thanks

  2. #2
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    Re: Problem With Date and Time Picker Control 6.0

    I would assume you need Microsoft Developers Toolkit or VB6 on your machine
    to implement these files.

    Mike F
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Problem With Date and Time Picker Control 6.0

    Just what it means. You don't have a license to use that control in design
    mode and Excel VBA runs in design mode (unlike a VB6 compiled app).

    Perhaps the calendar control is a reasonable alternative:

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

    Tom Ogilvy