Problem with a search

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor funkymonkUK's Avatar
    London, England

    Exclamation Problem with a search

    Hi I have the below code which searches a selection for the word download however it keeps on saying it cannot find it. Any ideas, I know it is in there as the select is not big at present but will be quiet huge in future.

    Range("A6").Select
    Selection.CurrentRegion.Select
    Set exportfind = cell.Find(What:="Download", After:=Range("a6"), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt _
    :=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
    False)

    Regards

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Problem with a search

    where is "cell" defined. Perhaps you mean

    Range("A6").Select
    Selection.CurrentRegion.Select
    Set exportfind = Selection.Find(What:="Download", After:=Range("a6"),
    LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt _
    :=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
    MatchCase:= _
    False)

    If Download isn't by itself in the cell with no leading or trailing spaces,
    try changing xlWhole to xlPart

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...