Excel and Powerpoint

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor funkymonkUK's Avatar
    London, England

    Excel and Powerpoint

    Hi

    I have a Powerpoint presentation which has Excel screenshots which are copy and pasted onto this presentation if there is a way of viewing it in normal excel or if you can run macros through it.

  2. #2

    Re: Excel and Powerpoint

    I don't use PPT, but if you've got screenshots, then aren't those just pictures?

    Can you assign a hyperlink to that picture in PPT that opens the .xls file?

  3. #3
    gaitkeeper
    Guest

    RE: Excel and Powerpoint

    You can run the PowerPoint presentation through Excel. First open Excel and
    From the Menu bar click Tools, Macro, Visual Basic Editor. From the menu on
    the left in Visual Basic double click "This Workbook". Copy and Paste this
    Macro into the area:
    Sub Macro1()
    '
    ' Macro1 Macro
    '
    ActiveSheet.Shapes("Presentation 1").Select
    Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary
    End Sub

    Close Visual Basic
    From the Menu bar click Insert, and Object. Click Create From File Tab, and
    insert your presentation file, then check "display as icon" and click OK. On
    the top left there should be a box that says "Object 1". Drag through that
    and rename it "Presentation 1". Next, click on Insert again, Pictures, and
    Auto Shapes. Create a box. Right click on the box and select Assign Macro.
    You should see in the drop down "ThisWorkbook.Macro1". Select it and hit OK.
    Now you can put text inside that shape that reads "Run Presentation" or
    something.
    You may have to split your presentation into two parts Have your macro run
    the first part of the presentation, then have it open the Excel file you want
    to view, and run the next part of your presentation. It may require you to
    save your presentation as two seperate files. Just repeat the code i.e.:

    Sub Macro1()
    '
    ' Macro1 Macro
    ' To View Slideshow
    ActiveSheet.Shapes("Presentation 1").Select
    Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary
    ' To View Excel Document
    ChDir "L:\DATACONVERSION\MASTERS"
    Workbooks.Open Filename:="your document name here.xls"
    ' To close Documen After Viewing
    msg = "Done"
    DialogStyle = vbOKOnly
    Title = "Done Viewing"
    Response = MsgBox(msg, DialogStyle, Title)
    If Response = vbOK Then
    ActiveWindow.Close
    End If
    ' To open second part of presentation
    ActiveSheet.Shapes("Presentation 2").Select
    Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary

    End Sub

    Ofcourse, you will have to insert the second part of your presentation file
    as another object and name it "Presentation 2"

    If you need any help, my email is [email protected].

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor funkymonkUK's Avatar
    London, England
    how does this solve my problem I notice that if I copy and paste it into excell say if i got a 1 MB file in Excel with 5 charts and copy and paste in the 5 charts that it makes it a 5mb file this is what i read on a forum. I s there a way that will copy and paste special as bitmap into the frames that are selected.