Blinking text in Excel !

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    RAFAAJ2000
    Guest

    Blinking text in Excel !

    Is there a way to borrow the text blinking feature found in MS Word ?

    If that is not possible,can we produce a similar text blinking effect in
    Excel without having to use an OnTime or a Timer procedures ?

    Regards.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFAAJ2000
    Is there a way to borrow the text blinking feature found in MS Word ?

    If that is not possible,can we produce a similar text blinking effect in
    Excel without having to use an OnTime or a Timer procedures ?

    Regards.
    Hi,
    Here are a couple ways, although it uses on time:

    http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages...ing_Cells.html

    http://xlbysteph.free.fr/aideinforma...ink_style2.txt

    Hope it helps you.
    Dave
    Last edited by Piranha; 05-29-2005 at 06:52 AM.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Blinking text in Excel !

    No, and (thank goodness) no.

    Blinking text is an annoyance that turns most people off. There are a myriad
    of other ways to draw attention to information, such as colour, bolding,
    etc., enough to not require the annoyance of blinking text.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: Blinking text in Excel !

    Oooo ... you're lucky Harlan Grove hasn't seen your reply. He recently went
    off his trolly when he saw I'd said the same to another post. Still I expect
    the nurse has calmed him down by now and got him back on the medication.

    --
    Andy Wiggins FCCA
    www.BygSoftware.com

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Blinking text in Excel !

    I'll seek that one out Andy :-)

    I would have thought that Harlan would have held the same views?

    Regards

    Bob

    news:%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Blinking text in Excel !

    In article <#[email protected]>,
    "Bob Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I would have thought that Harlan would have held the same views?

    It wasn't the view on blinking text, it was the categorical "No" that he
    was objecting to. Telling a falsehood to an OP doesn't sit well...

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Blinking text in Excel !