day of year/week of year script

  1. #1
    Ed
    Guest

    day of year/week of year script

    Here is what I am trying to do. I am looking a way to display on the
    desktop, possibly as an embeded webpage, the day of the year and the week of
    the year and be able to refresh it without opening a document. For example
    May 23, 2005 would be 143(day of year) and 21(week of the year). I have
    found formulas for Excel to calculate the values from the computer's calendar
    but I have to open the Excel file to have the information refresh. I have
    also found a VB script for the current date but I am unable to get the Excel
    formula to recognize the information and post the information. Does anyone
    have any ideas?? The Excel formula's are :
    =TEXT((A2-DATEVALUE("1/1/"&TEXT(A2,"yy"))+1),"000")
    and
    =TRUNC(((A2-DATE(YEAR(A2),1,0))+6)/7)
    A2 is where I have the current day displaying.

  2. #2
    Chandra
    Guest

    Re: day of year/week of year script

    Hi
    did u try this way:

    =text((now()-datevalue("1/1/"&text(now(),"yy"))+1),"000")
    and
    =TRUNC(((now()-DATE(YEAR(now()),1,0))+6)/7)

    instead of A2 try using now()

    best Regards,
    Chandra
    http://chanduas.blogspot.com/
    ---------------------------------------

  3. #3
    DL
    Guest

    Re: day of year/week of year script

    If you are simply seeking a desktop display of this data there are numerous
    apps available for this, many free.
    eg PTBSync, google for this and many more

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ed
    Guest

    RE: day of year/week of year script

    That was helpful. I guess what I forgot to mention is I'm looking for a
    script so I don't have to cover or interrupt the regular Windows clock and
    calendar. I looked at a few of the programs and they accomplished what I'm
    looking for except that they took over the clock and calendar from Windows.

  5. #5
    DL
    Guest

    Re: day of year/week of year script

    PTBSync has an option to display time on desktop, without
    interupting/amending win tray time
    Its just a matter of working through configeration to get the result you
    want