can you show formulas in selected cells only of a worksheet?

  1. #1
    covenantdanes
    Guest

    can you show formulas in selected cells only of a worksheet?

    I am trying to show formulas in certain cells of a worksheet, but not all.
    When I use the ctrl+` command it changes all the cells and not just the ones
    I've selected. Is it possible to only show formulas in selected cells?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: can you show formulas in selected cells only of a worksheet?

    There is no support for this.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: can you show formulas in selected cells only of a worksheet?

    In the selected cells, use edit/replace, and change "=" to "x=". When you're
    finished viewing/printing them, change "x=" to "="
    (no quotes)
    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: can you show formulas in selected cells only of a worksheet?

    see the user defined functions GetFormula and GetFormulaD in
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm

    Not exactly what you asked for but I think it is much better, because
    you can place these User Defined Functions anywhere on the sheet
    to show representative cells, and you can print the worksheet showing
    actual worksheet with some functions shown.
    ---
    HTH,

  5. #5
    Doha, Qatar
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: can you show formulas in selected cells only of a worksheet?

    One excellent option in Excel 2007 is to use "ADD WATCH". Using watch window you can basically WATCH any cell anywhere in the whole sheet while you play around with other cells and their values.

  6. #6
    Leeds, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: can you show formulas in selected cells only of a worksheet?

    Enter an apostrophe before the equals sign of your formula. The apostrophe tells Excel to treat the remainder of the cell input as a literal, and will be hidden.