Merged cells width

  1. #1
    davegb
    Guest

    Merged cells width

    Is there a way to set the width of a merged cell? I have a spreadsheet
    with cells A to F in row 5 merged for a title. The width of the title
    varies depening on where the data comes from. The data is extracted by
    an advanced filter and the title is determined by a user selection on
    another sheet.
    As it is now, the column widths for A to F are best fit. Sometimes this
    displays the contents of row 5, sometimes it truncates it. I'd really
    prefer that the column widths be set by the width of the merged cells
    in row 5. I know there is no "best fit" for merged cells, so my
    alternative is to figure out what the widest entry would be and set the
    width accordingly, if possible. If so, can anyone tell me how to do it?
    If not, any other ideas?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Merged cells width

    Take the longest title and put it in a single cell. Then autofit the cell
    or drag the column wide enough to meet your requirements. Check what the
    width of the column is. Use that.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3