version compatibility of excel macros

  1. #1
    AFlannery
    Guest

    version compatibility of excel macros

    We are using Excel Macros pretty extensively.

    Workbook is created in Excel 2003. Macros are written and run.

    When the same workbook isopened in Excel 2002, the macro halts with the
    error message

    Can't Compile
    Can't Find Project or Library

    The library for Excel 2003 is

    It fails though on some pretty low level commands that ARE in referenced
    libraries.
    Format$, LCase, UCase - stuff like that.

    The library for these commands is the Visual Basic for Applications Library.
    This is correctly referenced in the References window of both versions. When
    I use the object browser in both revisions, it correctly finds the function,
    but it will not compile.

    We'd like to be able to pass these workbooks back and forth. We're not using
    any features that aren't supported in both versions. Any thoughts on how to
    make this work?

    Thanks,
    Tony

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: version compatibility of excel macros

    Do you have any missing libraries in the list, if so fix these.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: version compatibility of excel macros

    After the problem, hit the reset button, then go to tools=>references and
    see what is marked as MISSING. That reference needs to be removed or
    corrected.

    Tom Ogilvy