variant and currency decimals

  1. #1
    Mary
    Guest

    variant and currency decimals

    I am using a variant variable to store the values of calculated cells and
    then transfer that value to another cell. The values can be text,
    percentages, or currency.

    I need the four decimal places of the currency values. In the debug window,
    when the variant subtype is currency, the four decimal places are present.
    When the variant gets transferred to the worksheet, the currency value gets
    rounded down to only two decimal places. The cell formatting of the source
    and destination cells is exactly the same (currency, four decimals).

    Can anyone explain what is happening? I'm using Excel 2000.

    Thanks.
    Mary

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: variant and currency decimals

    try using the value2 property instead of value.

    v = activecell.Value2

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mary
    Guest

    Re: variant and currency decimals

    Awesome! I didn't even know there was a value2 property. Now I can have all
    the decimal places that I want.

    Thanks, Tom.

    Mary