AutoFilter

  1. #1
    Alan
    Guest

    AutoFilter

    Hi All,
    This is from Help in VB mode

    Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").AutoFilter _
    field:=1, _
    Criteria1:="Otis"
    VisibleDropDown:=False

    The last line "VisibleDropDown:=False" is rejected and shows in red in the
    VB window. When run (as would be expected) it gives a runtime error. Is this
    a Microsoft error in Help? Can the visible dropdown be hidden? I have got
    round it by using Advanced Filter but I'm curious.
    Any feedback would be much appreciated. I have never found an error in Help
    in VB mode or spreadsheet mode before.

    Windows XP Pro
    Office XP Pro

    Regards,
    Alan.

  2. #2
    Rob Bovey
    Guest

    Re: AutoFilter

    Hi Alan,

    That line of code is just missing a comma and a line continuation
    character. Here's a corrected version:

    --
    Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
    Application Professionals

    * Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
    * Professional Excel Development
    http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: AutoFilter

    Thanks Rob,
    Cant believe I didn't spot that! Blind faith in Help I suppose,
    Regards,
    Alan.
    news:[email protected]...