Pivot table is not refreshing problem

  1. #1

    Pivot table is not refreshing problem

    Hello,
    Excel 2003

    I have a problem with pivot tables not always refreshing properly. Data is collected from a database into a worksheet.
    When the pivot table that is based on this sheet is refreshed it does not reflect all the changes ( some are taken , others not ??? )
    If I add a new pivot table based on the same date , everything is taken

    any idea?

    thanks in advance

    Ghislain Borremans

  2. #2
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table is not refreshing problem

    Your pivot is based on a worksheet
    the worksheet is based on a query.

    Either:
    Base your Pivot on the query directly
    OR:
    make sure that when the pivot refreshes
    the query is refreshed first..

    --
    keepITcool

  3. #3
    The query is updated first and some data are taken from the updated info but not all, only if I make the pivot table again

  4. #4
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table is not refreshing problem

    read my earlier suggestion to base the pivot on the query directly.

    if you STILL want to base the pivot on range with
    the querytable THEN use the query's range NAME not the address.

    the address remains fixed when the query returns more (or less data)
    the RANGE name is updated when the query refreshes.

    3rd option define your own "dynamic name" to
    refer to the range of the querytable.

    Dynamic name is a defined name where the refersto is a formula like:
    =OFFSET(data!$a$1,0,0,counta(data!$A:$A),counta(data!$1:$1))

    --
    keepITcool