add-ins don't work

  1. #1
    Boba
    Guest

    add-ins don't work

    Excel 2002 (v.10.2614) on W2kPro (sp4) does not load add-ins into
    memory.
    Please help. Boba

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: add-ins don't work

    We need a few more details... are you opening things through Code? Code does
    not load the addins by default. You have to to that manually...

  3. #3
    Rob
    Guest

    RE: add-ins don't work

    how do you do that?
    Thanks
    Rob

  4. #4
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: add-ins don't work

    assuming you accessing excel thru automation..
    opening the "normally installed" addins:

    dim xlApp as excel.application
    dim ai as excel.addin
    for each ai in xlApp.addins
    if ai.installed then xlApp.Workbooks.open ai.fullname, addtomru:=false
    next

    --
    keepITcool

  5. #5
    Rob
    Guest

    Re: add-ins don't work

    Thanks for your reply. In my search I also found another reply from Bob
    Phillips, which I think would suggest the modification to your code shown
    below, which runs the open event of each of the adddins.

    dim xlApp as excel.application
    dim ai as excel.addin
    for each ai in xlApp.addins
    if ai.installed then xlApp.Workbooks.open(ai.fullname,
    addtomru:=false).RunAutoMacros 1
    next

  6. #6
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: add-ins don't work

    yep.
    entirely true.
    some addins still use AutoMacros.

    --
    keepITcool

  7. #7
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    RE: add-ins don't work

    Turn on the macro recorder, load an add-in through the GUI, turn off
    the recorder, and switch to the VBE. XL will give you the necessary
    code.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions