Macro recorder

  1. #1
    David
    Guest

    Macro recorder

    Hi Group,

    Two questions. I am working in a corporate set up Excel. When I start the
    macro recorder I am not getting a macro tool bar showing up, the one that
    allows you to Stop or make relative the recording process. The only way to
    stop the recording process is to do it via module pane and even there I do
    not have a choice to make the recording relative.

    The issue is with this group. When I try and respond to a question or post a
    question, I am sent to various language options and have to use the "back"
    icon to get to pane in IE to either post the question or respond to the
    question. Is this normal?

    Thanks,
    --
    David

  2. #2
    Damon Longworth
    Guest

    RE: Macro recorder

    Next time you record a macro, try View - Toolbars - Customize - Toolbars tab
    - check Stop Recording.

    I have lost this toolbar before by closing it with the X instead of pressing
    the Stop button.

  3. #3
    David
    Guest

    RE: Macro recorder

    Thanks Damon I will try that. Sonds like it should work to me.

    Still trying to figure out why I can not respond to questions here or ask a
    question with out being manipulated through language screens and having to
    use the "back" button several times to get to the right screen. I even hit
    "page can not be displayed" screens in IE, althought I eventually get there.

    Thanks,

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    RE: Macro recorder

    Are you visiting the MS site from some a non-English speaking country?
    Maybe, MS detects something like .de or .fr and tries to be helpful?

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

  5. #5
    David
    Guest

    RE: Macro recorder

    Hi Tushar,

    Not to my knowledge. I am in the US and my computer is aware of that. Maybe
    somewhere along the line, my "passport" has been set up incorrectly? I am at
    a loss why it carries me through these various screens to answer questions or
    respond to them. By using the "Back" icon in IE I do eventually get to a
    point where I can either ask a question or respond to one. I have no idea how
    to fix it.

    Thanks,

  6. #6
    JMMach
    Guest

    Re: Macro recorder

    Just turn ON the Visual Basic toolbar before you start recording. It has the
    Record button, which changes to Stop Recordings when you are in record mode.
    Plus it has a bunch of other useful buttons. Using the Visual Basic toolbar
    is the only way to go, in my humble opinion.
    TTFN
    JMMach, MOUS Master

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    David
    Guest

    Re: Macro recorder

    Think I have the Macro Recorder iss ue solved, but still am not sure why I
    get sent though various screens in either posing or answering a question.

    Thanks,

  8. #8
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    RE: Macro recorder

    Speculation...what if you log off your passport a/c, remove all cookies
    (or at least from the ms site), and then log back in? Also, in the CDO
    there is a section where the software remembers some of your
    settings/preferences. Check that for anything strange.

  9. #9
    David
    Guest

    RE: Macro recorder

    Thanks again Tushar. I will see what happends.