shortcut to open file in personal.xls blocking file's macros

  1. #1
    Guest

    shortcut to open file in personal.xls blocking file's macros

    Hi,
    I've looked and could not find it. I have in my personal.xls a shortcut
    (ex. ctrl+shift +a) which runs a particular excel file. But this file has
    also vba code in workbook_open sub(). And when I am runing this shortcut to
    open this file a file is opening but the code in this workbook does not
    start. Why ? What shal I do to run this code when I am runing this file from
    this shortcut.
    When I open this file from menu/open everything works (the workbook_open sub
    starts).

    Any idea?

    Thank very much

  2. #2

    Re: shortcut to open file in personal.xls blocking file's macros

    Shortcuts that include the shiftkey can break the auto_open and workbook_open
    macros.

    Try using a different shortcut that does not include the shift key.