Find the Format Type of a cell

  1. #1
    Chris
    Guest

    Find the Format Type of a cell

    I need to find the format type of a cell in excel. I have an IF statement
    that will take a numeric number and apply it to a range to see if it falls
    into the range or outside of the range but when the cell has a text value it
    bombs on me.

    I need to validate which format it has before I apply the condition.

    Thanks for you help,

    -Chris

  2. #2
    George Nicholson
    Guest

    Re: Find the Format Type of a cell

    How about:
    If IsNumeric(cell.value) Then
    rather than putzing with cell formatting?

    --
    George Nicholson

    Remove 'Junk' from return address.

  3. #3
    Mike Q.
    Guest

    RE: Find the Format Type of a cell

    Chris

    If isnumeric then
    your If statement
    else
    end if (if you want to do nothing if it is text)