Extract Data From Multiple Excel Files -> One File

  1. #1
    Michael via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Extract Data From Multiple Excel Files -> One File

    I need a way to extract data from multiple excel files (31) and put the data
    into one sheet. All the data I need is in the same spots (B6:F29). I am
    familiar with macros but not programming. Is there a simple way to do this?

    Thank You

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Extract Data From Multiple Excel Files -> One File

    Look here Michael
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Colorado
    MS-Off Ver
    2000,2003,2007
    Where are the source files located? If they are all in the same directory then you can loop through all the workbooks in that directory and copy from the desired sheets the range specified and paste into the new workbook.

    Give this a try and see if it gives you the results you are after.
    This will use the Current Directory as the source for the files to pull data from, and pulls data from the first sheet of each file found in the current directory and pastes it in the next avaliable colulmn in the workbook from which you are running the code.

    If you need help with further modifications post back.

  4. #4
    Michael via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Extract Data From Multiple Excel Files -> One File

    Thank you, I will give that a try!

  5. #5
    cheltenham
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: Extract Data From Multiple Excel Files -> One File

    Hi,

    Bhofsetz, could your macro be adapted to pull only certain data from another sheet?

    I too know little about macro programming but I need to collate data from a series of workbooks into one file.

    Although the overall data is in the same place (cells A4:G26) accross the workbooks, I only need data that meets a certain critera, in this instance the ones containing "TBA" in cell D.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  6. #6
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451

    Re: Extract Data From Multiple Excel Files -> One File

    Hello chriscusick, and welcome to the forum.

    Unfortunately you have inadvertently broken one of the forum rules. Please read the following and make the necessary change. Thanks.

    Your post does not comply with Rule 2 of our Forum RULES. Don't post a question in the thread of another member -- start your own thread. If you feel it's particularly relevant, provide a link to the other thread. It makes sense to have a new thread for your question because a thread with numerous replies can be off putting & difficult to pick out relevant replies.