copy a worksheet - but not the value (text)

  1. #1
    buddyorliz
    Guest

    copy a worksheet - but not the value (text)

    I have a worksheet that has all the formulas and formating I need, I close it
    out and start a new worksheet the end of the month.

    What I want to do is make a copy of that worksheet WITHOUT copying the data,
    Just the format and formulas.

    (Don't want the names and addresses, or the amounts etc...)
    I insert a work sheet, I copy the old one then when I go to paste, but the
    options I want - Paste all EXCEPT value are not available.
    Using the other choices Paste all the data.

    When I click on just formulas - I still get all the data,

  2. #2
    PeterAtherton
    Guest

    RE: copy a worksheet - but not the value (text)

    Buddy

    A non programming method would be to delete the data and save the workbook
    as a template (.xlt) file e.g. SalesTemplate.xlt and open this up at the
    beginning of the month.

    Save the template as say JanSales05.xls and enter work normally.

    Peter Atherton

  3. #3
    Forum Moderator Leith Ross's Avatar
    San Francisco, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Posts
    23,258
    Hello Buddy,

    Here is macro that automatically adds a New Worksheet to the Workbook and copies only the Cell Formats and Formulas that have been used on the the Active Worksheet. No need to select the range to be copied. Copy and Paste this code into a VBA standard Module. You can run the macro by pressing the Keys ALT and F8 to bring display the Macro List. Select "CopyWorksheet" and click Run.

    Sincerely,
    Leith Ross

    Remember To Do the Following....

    1. Use code tags. Place [CODE] before the first line of code and [/CODE] after the last line of code.
    2. Thank those who have helped you by clicking the Star below the post.
    3. Please mark your post [SOLVED] if it has been answered satisfactorily.

    Old Scottish Proverb...
    Luathaid gu deanamh maille! (Rushing causes delays!)