Summing columns after insert rows

  1. #1
    Tom Cote
    Guest

    Summing columns after insert rows

    I have a macro that goes down row by row and checks the previous rows date.
    If it is different it inserts two new blank lines. Once this is completed, I
    want to sum the new columns. Using the record macro, it recorded the first
    block of numbers and then copied the formula over to the next two columns.

    Range("E8").Select
    Selection.End(xlDown).Select
    Range("E14").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-6]C:R[-1]C)"
    Range("D14").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Total "
    Range("E14").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Range("F14:G14").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Range("H14").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=+RC[-3]+RC[-2]"
    Range("H14").Select
    Range("E14").Select
    Selection.End(xlDown).Select

    to move down to the next block of numbers.

    --
    Thanks,
    Tom Cote

  2. #2
    Patrick Molloy
    Guest

    RE: Summing columns after insert rows

    Sub AddFormula()

    Dim startrow As Long
    Dim sumrow As Long
    startrow = 8
    Do Until Cells(startrow, "E") = ""
    sumrow = Cells(startrow, "E").End(xlDown).Row + 1

    With Range(Cells(sumrow, "E"), Cells(sumrow, "H"))
    .FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R" & startrow & "C:R[-1]C)"
    End With

    startrow = sumrow + 2 ''check!
    Loop

    End Sub

  3. #3
    Tom Cote
    Guest

    RE: Summing columns after insert rows

    This worked great and it seems to take care of the blocks that just have one
    date. I should be able to modify to add formatting. Thanks again.
    --
    Thanks,
    TC