AutoFilter: Loop Thru Visible Rows?

  1. #1
    Damian Carrillo
    Guest

    AutoFilter: Loop Thru Visible Rows?

    I'm working on summarizing a reconsillation statement. My code is supposed
    to apply an autofilter based on fixed criteria. That part works. Next it
    should insert formulas into the filtered/visible cells to create in-line
    subtotals. The formulas are inserted into Columns "I" and "J" of the visble
    rows. I haven't figured out how to accomplish this feat. (I've labeled
    custom subroutines) My code is as follows:

    Sub AutoFilterAndSummarize()
    'Macro for Step II of Air Travel Bill Processor. This module condenses
    the entries by KEY,
    'enabling each transaction to appear as a single line in the datafile.
    Dim StartTargetRange As Range
    Dim EndTargetRange As Range
    Dim x As Integer

    'Disable Sheet Protection and select entire dataset
    ShieldsDown 'Custom Subroutine to disable protection
    Workbooks("Travel.xls").Activate
    SelectCurrentRegion 'Custom Subroutine to select current data set

    'Isolate Valid Records as a Cautionary Measure.
    'Technically no invalid records should remain when this step is run.
    'But this code will allow availible information to be summarized.
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=13, Criteria1:="=||*", Operator:=xlAnd
    Selection.Subtotal GroupBy:=13, Function:=xlSum, TotalList:=Array(8), _
    Replace:=True, PageBreaks:=False, SummaryBelowData:=True

    'Insert blank columns for Service Fee and Transaction Total columns
    Columns("I:I").Select
    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight
    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight

    Dim Visibility As Range, RowState As String, i As Integer
    LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

    <<<PROBLEM LOOP!!! INSERT FORMULAS & CAPTURE 1ST & LAST ROW VALUES OF
    FILTERED/VISIBLE DATA>>>
    'ReDim RowState(1 To ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count)
    x = 0
    i = -1
    For Each RowState In ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range.Rows
    i = i + 1
    If RowState.EntireRow.Hidden = False Then
    RowState.Cells(i, 9).Activate
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(RC[-5]=""ARC Automated Serv
    Fee"",RC[-1],"""")"
    RowState.Cells(i, 10).Activate
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 =
    "=IF(ISBLANK(OFFSET(RC,1,-3)),OFFSET(RC,1,-2),"""")"
    If x < 1 Then
    StartTargetRange = Rows(i, 9)
    x = 1
    EndTargetRange = Rows(i, 9)
    Next
    <<<END OF PROBLEM LOOP!!!>>>

    'Copy relative values to temp spreadsheet, paste, and copy back absolute
    values
    'So subtotal lines and "ARC Automated Serv Fee" lines can be deleted in
    another step.
    Range("I:J", Selection.End(xlDown)).Select
    Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Unmatched").Select
    Range("A1").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Rows("1:1").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
    Range("A1").Select
    Sheets(1).Select

    Range("A1:O1").Select
    Range("O1").Activate
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Unmatched").Select
    Range("A1").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Range("E8").Select
    ShieldsUp ''Custom Subroutine to Enable document protection with
    special parameters
    End Sub

    The first formula calculates fee values by subtracting non-fee charges from
    the transaction total. The second provides the transaction total. There may
    well be a MUCH shorter, easier way to accomplish this task, and I'd love to
    know about it!

    Can anyone help me make this work? Thanks in advance!

    Sincerely,
    Damian Carrillo

    PS: The part of the code I can't make work is based loosely on a post from
    April 2005. I thought it might be adequate for my purposes, unfortunately I
    quite understand how to modify the loop to work for my purposes.

    Subject: Re: AutoFilter, Looping through the Rows? (Newbie) 4/12/2005
    11:00 AM PST
    By: Tom Ogilvy In: microsoft.public.excel.programming

    Dim vArr(0 to 6)
    i = -1
    for each rw in ActiveSheet.Autofilter.Range.rows
    if rw.Entirerow.Hidden = False then
    i = i + 1
    vArr(i) = rw.Cells(1,1).Value
    end if
    Next

    header row will be in varr(0)

    Tom Ogilvy

    "Barton" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    I've set an AutoFilter on Date and Company Name. COLUMNS:
    Date, Reference Number, Goods
    G-VAT, Cheque Number, Services
    S-VAT, New Balance, Previous Balance
    Company Name

    It selects 6 rows, as expected. I'm required to pre-process each row for
    certain column information, i.e. ignore Cheque Number and Previous Balance.
    How can I read into an array, a line at a time, and loop round all the
    selected Rows?

    Thanks in advance,
    Mark.

  2. #2
    Rowan
    Guest

    RE: AutoFilter: Loop Thru Visible Rows?

    Damian

    I haven't worked my way through all of your code but hopefully this will
    help. The following code autofilters data on a sheet, adds two columns (I and
    J) and then inserts formulas into the visible cells in columns I and J.

    Sub AddFormula()

    Dim endRow As Long

    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=8, Criteria1:="Y"

    Range("I1").EntireColumn.Insert
    Range("I1").EntireColumn.Insert

    endRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 8).End(xlUp).Row

    Range(Cells(2, 9), Cells(endRow, 9)). _
    SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).FormulaR1C1 _
    = "=IF(RC[-6]>20,""My First Formula"","""")"

    Range(Cells(2, 10), Cells(endRow, 10)). _
    SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).FormulaR1C1 _
    = "=IF(RC[-9]>20,""My Second Formula"","""")"

    End Sub

    Regards
    Rowan

  3. #3
    Damian Carrillo
    Guest

    RE: AutoFilter: Loop Thru Visible Rows?

    Rowan,

    A very belated thank you for the help! Your method worked so well I have
    started using it for setting cell values in all my projects! I was so
    excited when I first read the post weeks ago and found that it worked! But I
    forgot to respond! My apologies and thanks again!

    Damian