Run-time error -2147319784 (80028018) when executing a simple macr

  1. #1
    Jean-Marc
    Guest

    Run-time error -2147319784 (80028018) when executing a simple macr

    Hello,

    I receive run-time error -2147319784 (80028018) when I execute in Excel 2003
    a macro that was working before. I get the same error for any macro I try to
    record for that file. For exemple, a simple macro that just selects a sheet
    or a cell gives that error.

    With another file similar macros are working well.

    I do not know what is wrong ? Any suggestion please ?

    Thank you.

    Regards,

    Jean-Marc

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Run-time error -2147319784 (80028018) when executing a simple macr

    What have you changed since it was working? Have you added activeX controls
    or added userforms. Recall what changes you have made and look there for
    problems.

    Delete everything in the temp directory and any subdirectories below the
    temp directory. Especially any .exd files.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jean-Marc
    Guest

    Re: Run-time error -2147319784 (80028018) when executing a simple

    Tom,

    Thanks for your answer.

    As far as I remember, I did not change anything ... And even if I record a
    new very simple macro in that Excel file it is not working. I always receive
    the same error.

    I emptied the Temp directory, but it did not change anything.

    Any other suggestion ?

    Regards,

    Jean-Marc

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Run-time error -2147319784 (80028018) when executing a simple

    Run Rob Bovey's free code cleaner

    http://www.appspro.com look for free downloads. Sometimes this will help
    when you have peculiar problems. Make a copy of the workbook first. It is
    also possible that the file is getting corrupted, so you might want to
    consider building a new one.