Off Topic a bit... but to this newsgroup

  1. #1
    cadcamguy
    Guest

    Off Topic a bit... but to this newsgroup

    I haven't been someone who has used Excel to any real extents before... I
    have used VB before it was Visual, back in the Basic days.
    I have always found it to be a great tool for doing file manipulation
    something in the Cad/Cam field that I have to deal with quite often.

    But when it came working with spreadsheets, I had very little interest in
    them. I always felt they were drier than the sands of the Sahara.

    Well, in just the past few days from some of the feedback I have been
    getting from this group and seeing how one uses what Excel can do and
    combining that with VBA my feelings about it all have done a 180 degree
    reversal.

    The bug has bitten folks and I feel that this newsgroup has played a major
    factor in that. It has to be one of the fastest moving and most informative
    groups that I read.

    So to all in this group... A BIG THANKS....never thought I'd be the one to
    say I find Excel exciting :-)

    The new convert,
    CadCamGuy

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Off Topic a bit... but to this newsgroup

    "cadcamguy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > The bug has bitten folks and I feel that this newsgroup has played a major
    > factor in that. It has to be one of the fastest moving and most

    informative
    > groups that I read.

    I think we all agree with that.

  3. #3
    Knut
    Guest

    Re: Off Topic a bit... but to this newsgroup

    hear ! hear ! hear !

    knut
    "cadcamguy" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jennifer
    Guest

    Re: Off Topic a bit... but to this newsgroup

    Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! I just can't wait until i'm able to help others instead
    of always needing your help. Some day!
    --
    Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
    Jennifer

  5. #5
    Vasant Nanavati
    Guest

    Re: Off Topic a bit... but to this newsgroup

    Jennifer, I started as a newbie just like you (many, many years ago) and I'm
    still learning new stuff every day. What a great attitude you have!

    --

    Vasant

    news:[email protected]...