Combo box problem

  1. #1

    Combo box problem

    Just supposing I have 3 fields in columns A, B and C named Item, Quantity and Price, I want to know how to get all of this data to appear in a combo box. Does anybody know how to do this?

    Then, if one record was selected from the combo box, I want this record to be placed somewhere else on the spreadsheet e.g. to the right of the combo box. Is there an easy way of doing this?

    Thanks in advance.

    James

  2. #2

    Re: Combo box problem

    I put a combobox from the Control toolbox toolbar on a worksheet.

    While still in design mode, I assiged the listfillrange to A1:C10 (three
    columns).

    I also set the .columncount to 3

    I made the linked cell D1.

    I put this formula in E1:
    =if(d1="","",vlookup(d1,$a$1:$c$10,2,false))
    and in F1:
    =if(d1="","",vlookup(d1,$a$1:$c$10,3,false))

    This worked if column A had unique values.

  3. #3
    Dave,

    Thank you for your reply. It works!

    Many thanks.

    James

  4. #4
    I am now puzzled as to why, what seems, exactly the same thing won't for different data. I have 3 fields 'Part Number', 'Part description' and 'part price'. I want to shift the records in these fields to a different area on the spreadsheet. I have all of the data in the combo box and have created the lookups etc, however when I select a record from the combo box 'part description' and 'part price' return with #N/A where I want the correct values to be. Any suggestions as to why this is occurring?

    I have been puzzled all day so any help would be appreciated!

    Thanks,
    James

  5. #5

    Re: Combo box problem

    my bet is your formula is wrong.

    Either it's using the wrong cell to look for--or it's using the wrong range as
    the lookup table.