executable to install macro into personal.xls

  1. #1

    executable to install macro into personal.xls

    Hi, Excel macro noob here

    I have the need to install a macro on some users machine (clients) and was wondering how I could go about it. I'm thinking, detect if personal.xls exists, and "some how" (tm) copy the contents of my new module into it.

    Does that sound right?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Edam Netherlands
    You can write code in a workbook that opens other workbooks and insert modules and code.

    Jeroen

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: executable to install macro into personal.xls

    The best way would be to write your code in an add-in and
    distribute the add-in to the users.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: executable to install macro into personal.xls

    Follow Chip's advice. Don't mess with anyone's personal.xls workbook. If
    your code isn't working properly or if the user doesn't want it, it's a
    pain for a user you've imposed it upon to find what's wrong and delete
    your code.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP