Importing Data from a website to excel

  1. #1

    Importing Data from a website to excel

    Hello,
    Everyday I log into a clients website, which is password protected, and export the data (shipping and tracking information) for different orders into Excel followed by I do what I do. Problem is I hate doing it and I know there is a way using Data->Import External Data -> New Web Query and enter the web add...and blah.... Well, this is not working for me. It gives me just the headers. I have tried with other web sites to try and it works just fine.

    Is there a way using VBA or Macro to extract all the Data from the table and export to Excel?

    FYI_ When I am in the website, I need to click Filter button to pull the data...data itself do not launch.

    It sounds messed up but it is very viable...just not through me. Can you please help me? I appreciate it.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Gary's Student
    Guest

    RE: Importing Data from a website to excel

    When the data apears in the website, type CNTRL-A, CNTRL-C. Go back to the
    workshet, click on a cell and type CNTRL-V. All the data should be
    transferred to the worksheet. You may need to do a little formatting to get
    the individual data items where you want them.
    --
    Gary's Student