Dynamic conditional formatting

  1. #1
    Chris
    Guest

    Dynamic conditional formatting

    I am looking perform conditional formatting dynamically.

    I have the following table:

    Rank 1 NAVY BLACK TAN CHRCL SPRUC
    LONG 1.3
    Reg 10.4 0 0.965
    Short 6.5 1.855 1.53

    Long x x x
    Reg x x x x
    Short x x x x

    Where the x is an actual number. Essentially the spreadsheet will change
    dynamically based on the Data that is populated. I am looking for a way to
    use and ARRAY with conditional formatting. So in the example above, when
    referring to Navy long, I would want conditional formats where Navy Long is
    greater than X, but there may be 3 rows of Navy long or 50. I do not want to
    have to set that each time. I will also have the same thing for Reg and
    Short.

    Chris

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Dynamic conditional formatting

    Insert=>Name=>Define
    create a name that contains a formula that produces the correct condition

    Use that in your conditional formatting formula - or create a formula that
    does what you want. I assume you know that you can change "Cell value is"
    to "Formula is" in the conditional formatting dialog.

    Tom Ogilvy