mouse macro trouble

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    mouse macro trouble

    When in macro editing mode my scroll wheel doesn't work. This happens
    ONLY in excel macro editing mode. Nowhere else including word macro editing.

    Its a Logitech wireless. Any solution to this?

    Thanks

    John

  2. #2
    William Benson
    Guest

    Re: mouse macro trouble

    Here is one solution ...
    http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.htm

    I do not know about the provider or the solution, but apparently from
    reading this description it is a common problem.

    Bill

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: mouse macro trouble

    Hi John,

    I use the 3rd party VBScroll software from Shahin Gasanov:

    http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.htm

    Others have recommended the 3rd part Freewheel:

    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html

    Others have advised using Version 4 MS Intellimouse drivers in instead of
    the later Version 5 drivers.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  4. #4
    William Benson
    Guest

    Re: mouse macro trouble

    And with that endorsement from Norman ... so do I (now!)

    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    John
    Guest

    Re: mouse macro trouble

    Thanks, works great. Seems very strange that a sophisticated program
    like that would have a bug like that.

    John

  6. #6
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: mouse macro trouble

    Hi John,
    Good that you have something that works, but it could just be settings.

    VBE problems with scrolling: make sure you do not have
    exceptions in Control Panel, Mouse, General, Advanced
    or for some older drivers there is a tab near the end
    or from here, is where mine probably was
    Wheel tab, Wheel trouble shooter, Advanced button

    My page on mouse is mouse.txt
    ---
    HTH,

  7. #7
    John
    Guest

    Re: mouse macro trouble

    I dinged around a LOT with these settings with no luck. Didn't get any
    help from logitech either.
    John