mscmctl2.ocx ... calendar and date picker sometimes not available

  1. #1

    mscmctl2.ocx ... calendar and date picker sometimes not available

    Scenario
    =======
    excel 2002 spreadsheet has calender control and date and time picker
    from mscmctl2.ocx (not sure if I have correct ocx, using a hotel
    computer that can not find appropriate kb article probably because
    it is set up improperly)

    click the appropriate column, the date and time picker,
    and the calendar work fine

    e-mail spreadsheet to someone else ... it fails ...
    look at the form on their vba editor/ide, can
    NOT see calendar or date time picker

    [appropriate .ocx WAS installed, and
    vba reference is properly set]

    e-mail spreedsheet from pc that can
    NOT see it to another pc, it DOES work
    and in vba ide, the calendar and
    date/time picker ARE viewable

    On PCs where this fails, error message is
    something like "compile error ... method or
    data member NOT found"

    also, even though ocx is properly installed,
    tools, additional controls is greyed out

    ideas? help? thank you!!!

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: mscmctl2.ocx ... calendar and date picker sometimes not available

    Hi

    The control is a part of Access
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

    See the link on the bottom of the page to download the control

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...