Preventing Users From Locking a Shared Network Add-In File

  1. #1
    JGeniti
    Guest

    Preventing Users From Locking a Shared Network Add-In File

    Currently I have an Add-In with all of the code to an application that
    I have about 30 users accessing randomly throughout the day. I have
    password protected the code but the one major problem that I'm having
    is that when I need to change the code the Add-In is usaully locked
    because another user has accessed the file. Is there a way to prevent
    users that are accessing the Add-In from being able to lock the file so
    that I can't edit it?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    James

  2. #2
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Preventing Users From Locking a Shared Network Add-In File

    in the addin' s workbook open event
    include a line

    If lcase(application.username) <> "james geniti" then
    thisworkbook.ChangeFileAccess xlReadOnly
    end if

    --
    keepITcool

  3. #3
    JGeniti
    Guest

    Re: Preventing Users From Locking a Shared Network Add-In File

    Thanks, I'll try that.

  4. #4
    Gareth
    Guest

    Re: Preventing Users From Locking a Shared Network Add-In File

    Just to add to that, to avoid an error you might like to add to that

    If lcase(application.username) <> "james geniti" _
    and not thisworkbook.readonly then