Wildcards in Advanced filter criteria don't work with Excel 2003

  1. #1
    Inconceivable
    Guest

    Wildcards in Advanced filter criteria don't work with Excel 2003

    Technique: Filtering a list using Advanced Filter (filter-in-place). Using
    wildcards used to work in earlier versions of Excel, but it doesn't seem to
    work in Excel 2003.

    I have 2 PCs, one with Excel 2002 at work and one with Excel 2003 at home.
    The same Excel file will work in Excel 2002 and fail in Excel 2003.

    It may be fixed in a service pack which I don't have.....

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Wildcards in Advanced filter criteria don't work with Excel 2003

    Wildcards seem to work in Excel 2003. Can you give an example of the
    criteria you're using, and the results you get in the different versions
    of Excel?

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Inconceivable
    Guest

    Re: Wildcards in Advanced filter criteria don't work with Excel 20

    I tried it twice with and without code. On 2 different machines. If you send
    me your email, I'll send you a sample if you don't mind.

  4. #4
    Inconceivable
    Guest

    Re: Wildcards in Advanced filter criteria don't work with Excel 20

    Got it. The problem was including ".value" after the range name for the
    criteria in code. Thanks for responding.

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Wildcards in Advanced filter criteria don't work with Excel 20

    Thanks for reporting what caused the problem.