Creating a budget from a list of transactions

  1. #1
    Mctabish
    Guest

    Creating a budget from a list of transactions

    I have a list of purchases/payments. I would like to create a spreadsheet
    that will break these down by payee and month. I know that if I want to get
    either month OR payee, I can use sumif, but how do I break it dow by month
    AND payee?

    Here is my PAYEE breakdown: =SUMIF('bussiness
    expenses'!B$2:B$138,A2,'bussiness expenses'!D$2:D$138) With PAYEE being in
    column A on current sheet, and column B for the lookup.
    My transaction date is in column A on bussiness (I know I have business
    mis spelt, but...)

    How would I do this?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Damon Longworth
    Guest

    Re: Creating a budget from a list of transactions

    Try something similar to:

    =sumproduct((Rng1=Payee)*(Rng2=Month)*(SumRng))

    --
    Damon Longworth

    Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
    Sept 16th and 17th
    Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas
    www.ExcelUserConference.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Rowan
    Guest

    RE: Creating a budget from a list of transactions

    Have you thought about using a pivot table with payee in the rows and month
    in the columns.

    hope this helps
    Rowan