Can't delete macro

  1. #1
    Seattle, Washington

    Can't delete macro

    In Excel 2002 SP3 I would like to delete an old macro that has been copied through numerous revisions and copies of an old spreadsheet. When I go into Tools, Macro, This Worksheet, and select the macro the "delete" tab is qreyed out and not accessible. How do I delete this macro?
    Best regards,
    Lram

  2. #2
    try going into the VBA and actually deleting the code or removing the respective module.

  3. #3
    Seattle, Washington
    I previously went into VBA and can identify the module. I didn't try to delete the code. I did try to delete the module but couldn't access a commmand to do so.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Can't delete macro

    In the VBIDE, select the module, then File>Remove Module, and say no when it
    asks to export.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

    http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=238

  5. #5
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    Re: Can't delete macro

    Alt + F11 to get to the VBIDE (the visual basic screen). Ctrl + R to get the
    Project Explorer if it is not visible (This is the tree view showing all of
    the spreadsheets). Then either follow Bob's instruction or right click on the
    module and select remove. Once again chose No when asked about Exporting.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  6. #6
    Seattle, Washington
    Thanks to both of you. After the first reply I went looking again and found the command to remove the module, and sucessfully did so. I appreciate the additonal comments as I have learned more about the structure.