Enter key movement direction

  1. #1
    Lowkey
    Guest

    Enter key movement direction

    Is there any way to set the direction for the Enter key so that it moves to
    the cell on the right instead of the cell below it?

    I have a serious amount of data entry that is across the sheet, not down,
    and the staff are so used to using the enter key when fingering instead of
    the tab key that it's mucking up my data.

  2. #2
    Bob
    Guest

    Re: Enter key movement direction

    "Lowkey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Is there any way to set the direction for the Enter key so that it moves
    > the cell on the right instead of the cell below it?
    >
    > I have a serious amount of data entry that is across the sheet, not down,
    > and the staff are so used to using the enter key when fingering instead of
    > the tab key that it's mucking up my data.

    Try this:

    This example causes the active cell to move to the right when the user
    presses ENTER.

    Application.MoveAfterReturn = True
    Application.MoveAfterReturnDirection = xlToRight
    Bob

  3. #3

    Re: Enter key movement direction

    Tools|Options|Edit tab|