consolidating my BOM

  1. #1
    James Smouse
    Guest

    consolidating my BOM

    Need help consolidating my BOM

    First off the spreadsheet contains 4 columns with headers Named:

    Cell / Heading / Variables

    D1 = "Material" (CRS, SS, ALUM, GALV)
    E1 = "Thickness" (#)
    G1 thru I1 = "Sheet Size" (Sheet size = width x length)
    J1 = "# of sheet required" (#)

    I want to be able to consolidate all of my various materials types into one
    group then that group will be consolidated into various thickness
    then those groups are consolidated into various sheet sizes groups.

    Thanks

    JES

    ----

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: consolidating my BOM

    Hi, James. What do you mean by "consolidated"? It sounds to me like you
    should just do a sort? If you're summing column J, then maybe you just want
    subtotals? Reference:
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: consolidating my BOM

    You can use a pivot table to summarize the date by material, thickness
    and size. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has
    information and links:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List