How do I count number of occurrences (dates) in a rolling year?

  1. #1
    ShirleyTR
    Guest

    How do I count number of occurrences (dates) in a rolling year?

    We are setting up an excel file to track absences (by date). Each person is
    permitted from 1-6 absences within a rolling year. We need a formula to
    determine if the number of absences allowed have exceeded those permitted
    within a year timeframe. I have played with using macro to change date
    format to general format and subtracting the 2nd or 6th cell (date) from the
    first cell (date) and writing an "IF" condition for 365 days. This works for
    the first entry or time we start keeping track of absences. But it does not
    help us to drop these dates off if they are more than a year apart. Any
    suggestions will be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I count number of occurrences (dates) in a rolling year?

    It should be possible with a formula.

    How is the data structured, the dates and the identifier for absence. We
    should be able to get the max date for an absence and the date of the 6th
    ago absence if you see my meaning, and subtract 1 from the other, if less
    than 365, problem.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...