Apply Border based on last Day of Month

  1. #1
    Bill
    Guest

    Apply Border based on last Day of Month

    I have a spreadsheet that list three months of dates. Row 3 list the day for
    each month. Example

    B3 = 1
    C3 = 2
    D3 = 3
    E3 = 4......And so on...
    eventually CO3 = 31

    I need to accomplish two tasks using VBA for Excel.

    1. I need to apply a verticle line to the right side of the column when it
    equals the last day of the month. As an example... If the starting month is
    Feb 05, then a thick border would be applied to the right side of colum AC
    because AC3 contains the last day of the month (28) for Feb. Columns BH and
    CL would also have a thick border applied to the right side since BH3 and CL3
    contain the last working day for those months.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Apply Border based on last Day of Month

    Select B3. Format>Conditional Format. Choose Formula is. Enter this
    condition =DAY(B3+1)=1
    Select Borders and choose your favorit.

    Copy B3. Select all the other cells. edit>Paste Special, check Format

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bill
    Guest

    RE: Apply Border based on last Day of Month

    I have already used Cf for other functions. I need to be able to accomplish
    these tasks using VBA. Also, I am limited to thin boarder in CF. I need a
    thick.

    Bill