Macros written in Excel 97 will not work in Excel 2003

  1. #1
    Jason Hanson
    Guest

    Macros written in Excel 97 will not work in Excel 2003

    I have written and run many macros in Excel 97 that when I try to run them in
    Excel 2003 I get an error message, "Can't find project or library".
    My original system was a Window 2000 with Office 97 installed. The new
    system is Windows XP with Office 2003.
    I am not using any special instuctions in the macros. One of the
    instructions that it does not under stand now is 'Chr()'.
    I believe that I am missing a library file or OBL file.
    I did notice that under the references that the 'ActiveEX type library' had
    'MISSING' before it. I don't know if this is the problem or where to find
    this file.

    I would be very grateful for any help.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Macros written in Excel 97 will not work in Excel 2003

    Just uncheck that item and see how you go.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jason Hanson
    Guest

    Re: Macros written in Excel 97 will not work in Excel 2003

    I don't know why this worked, but everything runs perfectly now.

    Thank you.

  4. #4
    Gib Gibson
    Guest

    Re: Macros written in Excel 97 will not work in Excel 2003

    I am experiencing the same problem, but I do not see the 'ActiveEX type
    library' in the resources or any"NOT FOUND" items. Any other ideas?

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Macros written in Excel 97 will not work in Excel 2003

    Run until you get the error. Go to the VBE

    Make sure your workbook is the active project (perhaps only have your
    workbook loaded)

    It should be selected in the Project explorer in the VBE

    then go to Tools=>References or

    hit Reset and go to Tools=>References

    No see if anything is shown as MISSING.

    Tom Ogilvy