How do I pass info from excel to a hyperlinked explorer page

  1. #1
    wcc
    Guest

    How do I pass info from excel to a hyperlinked explorer page

    I would like to open an internet page from excel and transfer data to the
    input fields. I know how to activate a web page with hyperlink, but I don't
    know how to pass the data. Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Robin Hammond
    Guest

    Re: How do I pass info from excel to a hyperlinked explorer page

    I'm not sure what you are doing exactly, but this gives an exact answer to
    your question using a hyperlink:

    Edit the hyperlink address to include the parameters. For example, I added a
    hyperlink with Text saying YahooFinance, but made the web address to display
    a quote on HSBC: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=0005.HK

    If you are trying to do a post and get from a web page and return the
    information to excel, it is rather different. Something like this:

    'requires a project reference to MS XML4
    Dim strURL As String
    Dim strParams
    Dim vValue as variant
    Dim lRandom As Long
    Dim oXML As MSXML2.XMLHTTP40

    Set oXML = New MSXML2.XMLHTTP40
    lRandom = Int(100000 * Rnd)
    'I just made this link up so it will not do anything
    strParams = "?LastName=Hammond&FirstName=Robin"
    strParams = strParams & "&Dummy=" & cstr(lRandom)
    strURL = "http://someweb.com"
    oXML.Open "GET", strURL, False
    oXML.setRequestHeader "cache-control", "no-cache"
    oXML.setRequestHeader "pragma", "no-cache"
    'send the information
    oXML.Send
    vValue = oXML.responseText
    'do something with vValue if it is valid here

    Robin Hammond
    www.enhanceddatasystems.com

    news:[email protected]...