textbox scrollbars disappear

  1. #1
    Yaniv
    Guest

    textbox scrollbars disappear

    Hi

    i have a textbox in my sheet.
    i use the multiline option and the scrollbars option for that textbox.
    when i enter text to the textbox, everything is fine (i can see the
    scrollbar)
    but if i close the sheet and open it again, the scrollbar for that textbox
    disappears (so i can't tell that there are more lines in that textbox than
    what i can see...)
    only when i click in the textbox - the scrollbar reappears...

    did anyone see that ?
    is there a way to show the scrollbar when opening the file ?

    thanks,
    Yaniv

  2. #2

    Re: textbox scrollbars disappear

    You have one commiserating post in .excel.

  3. #3
    FMichaud76
    Guest

    "Dave Peterson" a écrit :

    > You have one commiserating post in .excel.
    >
    > Yaniv wrote:
    > >
    > > i have a textbox in my sheet.
    > > i use the multiline option and the scrollbars option for that textbox.
    > > when i enter text to the textbox, everything is fine (i can see the
    > > scrollbar)
    > > but if i close the sheet and open it again, the scrollbar for that textbox
    > > disappears

    Hello,

    I really don't like the answer of Dave...

    The right answer is to set the focus to the textBox (so that it activates
    the scrollbar) then set the pointer of the multiline text to the first line
    (otherwise the textbox will show the end of the text). After that, don't
    forget to set the focus to the proper element (below, the OK button)

    If your the textbox name name is myTextBox and the OK button is cmdOK, add
    this at the end of the userform_initialize sub :

    Private Sub userform_initialize()
    myTextBox.SetFocus
    myTextBox.Curline=0
    cmdOK.SetFocus
    End Sub

    will do the job

    A+, Fred

  4. #4

    Re: textbox scrollbars disappear

    Except the textbox was on a worksheet--not a userform.