How do I limit the character length of a cell when typing

  1. #1
    Andy
    Guest

    How do I limit the character length of a cell when typing

    Hi,

    I need to limit the number of characters (text and number, spaces excluded)
    that can be typed in, in a cell. Validation won't do for me because error
    occurs after pressing enter. I want to let users know that they cannot write
    more than certain characters in a cell as they write (forcefully stopping
    character input after certain number of characters). Please Help!

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How do I limit the character length of a cell when typing

    Macros don't run when editing a cell, so you would have to put up a userform
    to receive the entry if you want that type of instant response (user enters
    in your textbox rather than in the cell).

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...