Automatic Shading

  1. #1
    Greg
    Guest

    Automatic Shading

    Hi all,

    I have a spreadsheet which is dynamic and I would like it to highlight the
    highest total in a row and then to colour it with the grey colour which I
    think is 15.

    How is this done?

    Thanks in advance

    Greg

  2. #2
    Nigel
    Guest

    Re: Automatic Shading

    one way.....
    set a cell with the max value of the row eg
    =MAX(A1:IV1)
    then use conditional formatting for the row with the condition
    'Cell Value is' 'Equal to' and the reference to the cell with the MAX
    formula in it
    Choose the color of the condition you require.

    --
    Cheers
    Nigel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Greg Wilson
    Guest

    RE: Automatic Shading

    Try Conditional Formatting:
    1) Select the cells containing the totals
    2) Select Format>Conditional Formatting
    3) From the dropdown list on the left select Formula Is
    4) In the formula window paste the following formula. The formula assumes
    that the cell range containing the totals is A10:J10. Change to suit:
    "=A10=Max($A$10:$J$10)"
    5) Click the Format button
    6) Select the Patterns tab
    7) Select the desired highlight colour