excel - On hyperlink click find what cell or cell value is

  1. #1
    Mavrick
    Guest

    excel - On hyperlink click find what cell or cell value is

    I have an excel sheet that is locked, I have in all cells a1 thru
    a999999(dynamic) a hyperlink that points to a dummy cell. I catch the
    hyper link click in the hyperlink event and want to call a function
    using the value in the cell they have clicked on, but cant find a way
    of telling what hyper link has been clicked.

    I need to find how to determin what the hyperlink cell was or text that
    the hyper link was, tried the active cell but it points to the dummy
    one.

    short of changing the value in every hyper link to A1, a2 a3 a4 and so
    on. The values in the sheet shown are picked up from another sheet so
    the hyper link values are dynamic. Tried seting the first cell the
    hyper link a1 and cut and paste but left it as a1 !

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: excel - On hyperlink click find what cell or cell value is

    Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
    msgbox hyperlink.Range.Address & ", " & hyperlink.TextToDisplay

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...