sumif or sumproduct with date as criteria

  1. #1
    jhahes
    Guest

    sumif or sumproduct with date as criteria

    Could someone please help me do the following.

    I want to sum a column say C given corresponding Column B is within a date range

    So I want to sum Column C if the date in Column b is between 1-1 and 3-31.

    Any help would be great

    Thank you
    Josh

  2. #2
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: sumif or sumproduct with date as criteria

    For example, assuming data is in B1:C7

    =SUMPRODUCT((B1:B7>DATEVALUE("1/1/2005"))*(B1:B7<DATEVALUE("3/31/2005")),C1:C7)

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: sumif or sumproduct with date as criteria

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(B2:B1000,"mmyyyy")>="012005"),--(TEXT(B2:B1000,"mmyyyy")
    <"042005"), C2:C1000)

    Note that SUMPRODUCT can only work on part of the column, not a whole
    column.

    Bob Phillips

    "jhahes" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    jhahes
    Guest

    thanks

    thanks for the help, formula works great!