Reposting to get some answers......

  1. #1
    shishi
    Guest

    Reposting to get some answers......

    Hi all,

    I have couple of tables that can have many number of rows. The
    number of rows can vary depending on the number of items that I need to

    put into each table. The last row of the table is always will be "Total

    and some number".

    The work sheet contains may items and the above tables. The number of

    tables could be anywhere from 1-5.

    I am trying to generate a vba code that can copy only the tables from

    this worksheet and then assort all the tables to new a worksheet with
    an empty row in between the tables.

    Is there a way to use range objects to get this done? How can we
    specify a range object that is between the start of the table to the
    end of the table?

    Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.
    shi

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Reposting to get some answers......

    Dim sh as Worksheet, rng as Range
    Dim ar as Area
    set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlConstants)
    set sh = Worksheets("NewSheet")
    for each ar in rng.areas
    if application.Countif(ar,"*Total*") > 0 then
    ar.Resize(ar.rows.count-1).Copy _
    destination:=sh.Cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup)(3)
    end if
    Next
    sh.Range("1:2").Delete

    Tables must be separated from other data by at least on blank row/column on
    each side (or be on the edge of the sheet)

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...