in Excel, how do I set up an alert popup when the file is opened?

  1. #1
    scgaca
    Guest

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: in Excel, how do I set up an alert popup when the file is opened?

    Hi Scgaca,

    Try something like:

    Sub Workbook_Open()

    MsgBox Me.FullName & " now open!"

    End Sub

    This is workbook event code and should be pasted into the workbook's
    ThisWorkbook module:

    Right click the Excel icon on the worksheet
    (or the icon to the left of the File menu if you your workbook is
    maximised)

    View Code from the menu, and paste the code.

    Alt-F11 to return to Excel.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    scgaca
    Guest

    Re: in Excel, how do I set up an alert popup when the file is open

    Perfect! That's exactly what we were looking for..Many thanks.