How to batch create / generate and print invoices from Excel data?

  1. #1
    helenerz
    Guest

    How to batch create / generate and print invoices from Excel data?

    I'm not sure if this is even possible, but if it is...

    Is there a way to automatically create multiple packing slips or invoices
    from excel data?

    In my case, we can download a csv file with hundreds of customers' names,
    addresses, and orders. I want a way to automatically create a packing slip
    for each order (they can be on the same sheet, with page breaks) and print
    the slip, instead of having to create a new packing slip manually for each
    order. All the data is there.. I just need a way to create something out of
    it.

    We do this every morning, so something easy to use would be great.

  2. #2
    STEVE BELL
    Guest

    Re: How to batch create / generate and print invoices from Excel data?

    You could create a Mail Merge in Microsoft Word and use the Excel workbook
    as the data source.

    You can also create a custom label size to match your packing slip size.

    And once you get it set up, you should be able to save it and reuse it with
    new data anytime you desire...
    --
    steveB

    Remove "AYN" from email to respond
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: How to batch create / generate and print invoices from Excel data?

    Format a worksheet to represent your required slip, with named ranges for
    the information.

    copy/paste the information into another sheet and have a macro run through
    the list, copy the values into the corresponding cells on your form, then
    print the form.

    rinse and repeat.

    eg.
    ******************************
    dim lRow as long
    dim shtSlip as worksheet

    set shtSlip = thisworkbook.sheets("slip")

    lRow=2

    with thisworkbook.worksheets("packing info")

    do while .cells(iRow,1).value<>""

    shtSlip.range("customer").value=.cells(iRow,1).value
    shtSlip.range("customer").value=.cells(iRow,2).value
    shtSlip.range("customer").value=.cells(iRow,3).value
    shtSlip.range("customer").value=.cells(iRow,4).value
    '.....

    shtSlip.range("A1:M200").printout

    lrow=lrow+1
    loop